We are really proud to announce that we have signed the Inspiring Diversity in Property Pledge, in association with Property Week.
As part of our ongoing commitment to improve diversity & inclusion within the sector, becoming a signatory means we will strive to:
- Attract, develop and promote a more diverse and inclusive workforce across all levels of seniority
- Take steps to close gender and ethnicity pay gaps
- Foster a culture of diversity and inclusiveness and create an environment where all people and communities feel empowered
- Champion and recognise the achievements of employees across all of the protected workplace characteristics
- Set annual EDI objectives and transparently publish progress
Tarinee Pandey, Chief People Officer, comments:
“At Puma Property Finance, enhancing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) has been at the heart of building our business and we are proud that half our team are female, and over 30% are from underrepresented minorities.
“We have worked for many years to ensure all our policies and procedures are conducive to a workplace that has inclusivity at its core. These include blind recruitment, mandatory inclusivity training, a focus on equal and fair pay, in addition to providing access to educational tools to learn more directly about the lived experience of underrepresented minorities and numerous social mobility initiatives. But, we believe there is still a huge amount we and the sector can do to drive change.”
Paul Frost, Managing Director, comments:
“Historically the property finance industry hasn’t done nearly enough to tackle entrenched privilege and improve the representation and lived experience of a multitude of minority groups. Initiatives such as this pledge, and the actions they promote, are integral to challenging the status quo. We’re really proud to be a signatory and look forward to delivering on our promises and supporting this initiative as we seek to drive meaningful change in the industry going forwards.”